Hypnotherapy and IBS Treatment
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a common gastrointestinal disorder and over 15% of all BritiansÂ suffer from this painful disorder. IBS affects more than 70% of all women. This uncomfortable physical problem is associated with bowel changes, such as constipation and/or diarrhea. Symptoms are often intermittent and can last a year or more.There are a variety of treatments for this disorder, but there are many advantages to using hypnotherapy to effectively treat IBS.
1. Hypnotherapy is effective, especially in patients that have gotten no positive results with other types of IBS treatment methods. This is corroborated via research conducted by Prof Peter Whorwell at the University of Manchester through his clinic at Wythenshawe Hospital
2. It is a relaxing, comfortable and enjoyable treatment to dealing with a painful disorder.
3. No negative side effects are associated with this type of treatment.
4. Hypnotherapy is said to be a long lasting treatment solution for IBS and other painful symptoms associated with the disorder, like migraines.
5. Clinical studies have proven that hypnotherapy treatment for chronic IBS reveals an 80% success rate in patients.Since 1954, hypnosis is considered to be a valid and effective medical treatment for a variety of physical disorders and has been approved by the BMA (British Medical Association).