Considerations for Regression
While regressing, there are some basic considerations:
- Clean language is an absolute must.
- It is ok to use some closed questions, but they must always include all possibilities. For example, it is fine to ask âAre you inside or out?â, or âAre you male or female?â, but not to imply choice with a question such as â what sort of dress are you wearing?â or âwho is the king?
- Some clients will automatically keep going, and reporting events. Other will not. You can keep the process going, and help them to move on, but you need to keep this vague. For example it is ok to say ânow just relax, even more, and let yourself move to another important time in this lifetimeâ. Note that we do not say âforward in timeâ, as it could be that the client needs to look at something earlier.
- If the client has chosen, you can take them through the death process. Remember to dissociate. Again, keep the language clean. Donât say, âwho is waiting for you?â etc!
- If they choose, you can take them to periods of transition. Again, remember the premise that we do not decide the clientâs belief system for them, so keep it clean.
- Depending on the client and the issue, you may want to look at âkarmicâ factors during the session. Thatâs fine, as is leaving this to the ending.