What does coaching involve?
I am often asked what sort of things are involved with coaching and why would I want to work with a coach. Here are some components as to what coaching involves.
- An interactive relationship between two people
- A partnership where both contribute to finding the answers for the client
- A sharing of
- Dependent on the needs of the client: they know what is best for them
- Challenging: always ask the client for more than they are comfortable to give
- Stretching: push your clients to learn to achieve the impossible
- Encouraging of self-reliance
- Holistic: the client is a whole person and no aspect should be ignored unless the client insists
- Goal orientated, but remember goals are ever changing; they will emerge and alter during the process
- Based around growth and strength, giving the client a strong base from which to take action
- Not just the session: coaching is more effective if it allows the client to act outside of the session