Chains are what tie us down, hold us back, keep us connected to past habits. They can be seen as self-limiting beliefs.
Here are some examples of chains:
- I have to support my mother
- I donât deserve a good job
- I fear failure
- I canât stop thinking about whether my ex might take me back so I keep emailing and popping round, just in case
Here are some ways to break chains:
- Ask yourself what a loved one would say about your chain. Eg. would your mother agree that you should hold yourself back to support her?
- Use affirmations to counteract the chain. Eg. Say out loud 10 times each morning and 10 times at night âI deserve a good jobâ
- Talk to yourself in the mirror. Eg. Discuss with your reflection the chance of failing and the implications if you did. Look at best and worse case scenarios.
- Use the Viking principle: ie burn your boats. Eg. Decide to cut off all connection. No more emails or calls. If he wants you he knows where you are.